Monday, June 25, 2012

Taking the Week Off




As the dining room table is buried under 3 inches of Amazing truths, I think I need to take this week off and spend it getting the last of my little ducks in a row.  I can honestly say I cannot wait to see how lives are going to be changed. 

For the first time in a really long time, I feel like I have a purpose outside of being a mom.  I wake up every morning to the sound of my cell phone singing "Good morning, good morning..." or to the sound of little voices saying, "Mommy?  Can we wake up yet?"  I often feel overwhelmed with Mommy stuff.  For years, I have relied on my kids for a sense of self-worth, knowing that as long as I am a good Mom I can feel great about who I am.  I felt as if the only purpose for me even being alive was for the girls.  While I am thankful for them, they should not be my purpose for living. 

The last few weeks have been so incredibly different for me.  Yes, I still wake up to my kids peeking over the edge of my bed, but I get up knowing that I have something besides the girls to accomplish for the day.  I have gotten so used to praying about everything (and, seriously, I mean everything) that I almost feel silly.  But, God wants to know the smallest detail of my life, so I feel good about feeling a little silly. 

I seriously have tons to do today, but I am really looking forward to this week!  Amazing stuff today, zoo tomorrow, church Wednesday, getting stuff ready for the girls' away time Thursday, and finalizing the Amazing stuff Friday.  I will run (or walk, or die) a 5k Saturday morning, and then we will see where life goes.  Praying for God to use me in a big way this week.  :) 

If I make it to the finish line and survive the 5k, I am sure I will post over the weekend.  Please keep me in your prayers this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment